INSIDE is a fiercely evocative, highly-charged dance theatre piece
Jean Abreu first major work for his newled formed contemporary dance company, joining forces with one of the noisest glitch rock band in the UK 65daysofstatic
Featuring five outstanding male dancers INSIDE explores violence, incarceration, solitude and hope within the prison walls - a gritty, compelling production revealing surprising tenderness within the starkness of captivity.
'The pounding score's drums shatter the air like machine-gun fire or cushioning a tender suicide… brutally visceral'
Kirsten Innes, The List – 4 STARS
'Adrenaline racing on-stage and off…Dark, atmospheric and utterly absorbing'
Kelly Apter, Scotsman – 4 STARS
'Bracing and ecstatic in its vicious restraint…Sets the pace for abstract, erudite choreography this Fringe'
Gareth K Vile, Skinny – 5 STARS
'Contains elements of overpowering beauty which will remain with you for a long time.'
22 April 2010
Library Theatre, Luton
6–14 Aug, 2010
Zoo Roxy, Edinburgh Festival
27 June 2011
University of Bedfordshire Theatre
16 Sept 2011
Lincoln Performing Arts Centre (LPAC)
21 Sept 2011
South Bank Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hall
28 Oct, 2011
Bath Spa Live, University of Bath
10 Nov 2011
Lakeside Theatre, University of Essex
‘One of the UK’s most closely watched talents, a fluid muscular mix that looks like nothing else on the London stage.’ The Guardian
This powerful event included live music from instrumental guitar/noise/glitch band 65daysofstatic and sound design by the Novello Award winning composer Dan Jones.
Inside was the most sought after dance performance at the Edinburgh festival 2010 and sold out the Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre in London.The concept of the show was developed in collaboration with 65daysofstatic with the supported by Arts Council England, Escalator East To Edinburgh and The Hat Factory
- Artistic Director and Choreographer: Jean Abreu
- Performers: Theo Lowe, Chris Rook, Robbie Synge, Joe Wild and Carl Patrick
- Music/Live performance: 65DaysofStatic
- Dramaturg: Lootie Johansen-Bibby
- Stage Designer: Alan McDonald
- Lighting Designer: David Holmes
- Sound Designer: Dan Jones and additional music
- Costume Designer: Lisa Marker
- Choreographic Assistant: Eleanor McDonald
- Producer : Donna Meierdiercks
- Production Manager:Bill Devenson
- Tour Technical Director: Dominic Martin
- Project Consultant: Judi Hughes
- Tour Booking: Natalie Richardson @ Konzept Arts & Ideas
- Producer, Natalie Richardson: firstname.lastname@example.org/www.konzept.co.uk
- General Enquires: email@example.com